Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Nameless.


By this point in my pregnancy with your big sister, Daddy and I had chosen a boy name and a girl name for her. Now, I know that no two pregnancies are identical, but I was hoping that by this point in time we would have names chosen for you as well. I feel like having names for your sister helped me bond with her, and although I DO feel connected with you, I wonder if I would feel more bonded if I knew you had a name... even if it will still be 28 weeks or so until we find out which name will be yours.

With your big sister, though, the first girl name out of my mouth Daddy loved and the first boy name out of my mouth Daddy loved. It was easy! At least I can say the same about choosing a boy name this time around--the first name I said, Daddy loved. So I guess you're not COMPLETELY nameless... but I would feel much more settled if we had a girl name chosen as well.

Daddy told me to give him a list of 10 girl names I liked and he would choose from them what he liked... well, he narrowed it down to two... but the two he narrowed it down to are ones I LIKE but don't LOVE. So I'm continuing on my quest to find the "right" name... and it is driving me crazy! Daddy says we have time... I KNOW we have time! But the longer we go without a girl's name, the more tempted I am to find out if you're a boy or a girl when my 20 week ultrasound comes around... because maybe all this worry is for nothing!

I've actually gotten to the point where I've requested a baby name book from the library. I used to laugh at people who used those things. I figured baby names were just innate... but I guess not anymore!

I'm content with "Dois" for now, but hopefully we will choose something soon, so I can feel a more settled.

No comments:

Post a Comment