Friday, May 14, 2010

Music of my heart


I've always loved music. It "speaks" to me and my emotions in so many different ways. When I was pregnant with your big sister, whenever I thought about parenthood, the words of the song "The Man Who Would Be Santa" by Vertical Horizon always came to mind: All I want is for you to have, a life you love and live. Take from me all I have to give, 'cause you are in my heart.

As for you, right now Michael Buble's latest song, "Haven't Met You Yet" is being overplayed on the radio. I'm not a big fan of him or the song, but there's one line than makes me think of you every time that I hear it: I promise you kid that I'll give so much more than I get-- I just haven't met you yet.

I can't wait to meet you, but I will wait patiently, as you grow and grow and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment