Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Big Sister Day


On Sunday we had the much-anticipated "Big Sister Day" for your big sister, Bebe. We went to church first thing in the morning, then when we got home I cooked chocolate chip pancakes and Canadian bacon (at her request) and potatoes O'Brien (at Daddy's request) for a delicious brunch. Then, after a little bit of relaxing (we were so full!), we drove to the beach--only to get there and discover it was windy and cold. Your big sister took off for the water, touched her toes in for a second, came back to the sand and started to dig, and then declared it was TOO COLD and wanted to go home. So we did! After all, it was her day! When we got home, she opted for the swimming pool instead. Daddy took her, while I stayed home and rested--I'm not much of a swimming pool person. Then I made a special dinner for us all (spaghetti and meatballs, again, her request!).

When dinner was over with, we gave her two presents--one was a "Big Sister" shirt and the other was the book I'm Going To Be A Big Sister. She didn't catch on right away, and then when I told her she was going to be a big sister, she was like, "Now? Today?"

What really made it real for her was when I showed her the ultrasound photo of you. THEN she understood, although she's a bit confused that she doesn't see me "fat yet."

After gift-giving we called your Grandma and Papa on the computer to tell them. Grandma understood right away when your big sister showed off her shirt, but Papa's reaction was a little bit delayed. It was funny!

Then we snuggled on the couch and watched Toy Story 2, and right before bed we read her her new book.

She told everyone at school yesterday about you--and she is so very excited! I can't wait for you to meet her. I know you'll love her as much as we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment