Thursday, May 20, 2010

12 weeks

It's hard to believe that my first trimester is coming to an end soon. Only 10 more days left of it! Eight weeks ago today I found out that you'd be joining our family, and some days I still have a hard time believing it. Sure, I've got symptoms (waking up to pee at night, feeling hungry ALL THE TIME, etc.) but the reality hasn't sunk in quite yet. I'm still wearing my regular clothes (although maternity pants do feel more comfortable, I feel like I don't need them yet)... I'm still going about my daily life just like anything else.

I was telling your daddy the other day that I think the reason why this pregnancy feels so much different, and why it feels so unreal still, is because I'm in such a different place now than I was 6 years ago when I was pregnant with your big sister. I was only working part-time, I had a lot of idle time/down time when your daddy was at work or at school, I didn't go out much... and so I had a lot of time to talk to her, think about her arrival, obsess about parenthood, worry, etc. But this time around, I've got so much on my plate--working full-time, taking care of your sister, the normal housework, plus our big vacation to Brazil and then our move made time pass by quickly.

But there's also another reason why this all feels so unreal still--and that's because I was starting to believe that I would never, ever have another child. You're a dream come true, really. One that I'm so lucky to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment