Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Is this what relief is supposed to feel like??

I should be relieved--I haven't seen any more blood, I don't have a UTI. We may never know what caused it the other day... I'm on "pelvic rest" until my next appointment on the 10th, but otherwise my doctor and nurses see no reason for concern. I guess I just need to convince myself of that.

Today on one of the discussion boards I read, someone asked, "So when do you really feel 'safe'?" and my answer was a lot different today than it was on, say, Sunday. I think I'll feel 'safe' when you're here, in my arms, and then even then a whole new bunch of worries will surface. Until 24 weeks (the "age of viability") I'll be worried about a miscarriage... after that, I'll be worried about having a preemie.

I have no idea why things are so different this time around than when I was pregnant with your sister. Maybe I was just so blissfully naive then.

Now the countdown begins until I get to see you and hear your heartbeat again... 8 more days!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad things are "OK"--I'm using quotes b/c I know you won't feel like they are OK for a few more months. Baby, please, no more scares for your mommy!

    ReplyDelete