Thursday, June 24, 2010

17 weeks


I did NOT forget that I changed weeks today, but for some reason I never got the weekly e-mail I get about this week in pregnancy. Bummer! I do know, though, that these next few weeks are MAJOR in terms of your growth and development--you'll double in size over the next few weeks!

Speaking of doubling in size... I have definitely grown this week. BUT I go through moments of looking bloated and moments of looking deflated. I think I'll be more content once I look pregnant ALL the time. You're still hanging out low and now I notice you are somewhat to my left side... when I look in the mirror straight ahead, I have a different curve to my left side than I do to my right, and I feel "fuller" there. I also don't feel comfortable sleeping on my left side AT ALL... I guess my mind is telling me to give you some space!!

I'm enjoying the moments I get when I listen to your heart beating. I don't listen every single day, but when I do, just hearing your thump-thump-thump relaxes me so much!

I've also started to buy things for you. I tend to be a bargain shopper, so if something is on clearance or there's a good sale, I'll grab it. So far it's been just little things (a navy blue hoodie for $2, an organic sweater-knit blanket for $8, etc.) but they're things you'll need! I've also started making lists of what we'll need for you.

Oh I am so excited!

3 comments:

  1. Will you guys start a registry for Dois?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't decided yet. I mean, it feels weird doing one since Dois is our second... but I know work will be throwing me a shower (they do one for all babies) so it might be nice to give people some guidance. We shall see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think people will understand given that your first will be 6.25 yrs old when this baby is born! Did you keep anything? Plus, I'm sure friends & family who live far away would like to send gifts, too.

    ReplyDelete