Thursday, August 26, 2010

26 weeks


And now you're as long as "an English hothouse cucumber." Why not a French one? Or a Spanish one? I have no idea--apparently those English ones are just the right size!

26 weeks. 14 to go. 10 more weeks of work for me.

Yeah, I am now starting to count down the weeks until my maternity leave. My other pregnant co-worker went on leave on Friday... and all I could think was, "Me next!" I love my job, I really do--but lately it has been stressful. And I've been finding myself incredibly distracted by thoughts of, well, you.

This week has been an interesting one. I thoroughly enjoyed having 2 full days to myself, despite missing Daddy and Bebe terribly and suffering through some rather uncomfortable heat and traffic... but I wonder if going away made things worse when returning to work and life. I started not to feel well on Sunday evening, and although I'm typing this feeling better than I did then, I don't feel 100% better. I can't even explain what's going on--just that I feel very spacey and lethargic. A trip to the doctor yielded me no answers and so I am just trying to take it easy and have faith that all will be OK.

Well, notice I said trying to take it easy. Do you know what I did for an hour and a half last night? I built a dresser. Okay, technically, half of a dresser... I built the frame, and tonight I will build the drawers. And then when it is assembled, I will start filling it--half with your things and half with Bebe's. I know you're probably wondering, "Why not just have daddy build it?" You'll learn when you're older, though, that Daddy is Mr. Touch-It-And-Break-It, and I thoroughly enjoy being Mrs. Fix-It.

14 more weeks to go... 3 months and 1 week... unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment