Thursday, August 12, 2010

24 weeks


Today is sometimes referred to as V-Day. I'm not a fan of the term (it's short for "viability day")... yes, at 24 weeks you have a better chance of survival outside of my womb than you did at 23 weeks, but still... plenty of babies have been born at 24 or 25 or even more weeks and don't make it. So just forget about this V-Day nonsense and keep cooking in there, okay?

This morning at breakfast Bebe asked me how big you were now. I told her you were as long as an ear of corn... and that prompted her to run to the refrigerator and grab an ear of corn and say, "This big?!" Then she went off to find Daddy and told him, "Daddy, Dois is this big now!!"

On Tuesday I had a doctor's appointment. We listened to your heartbeat and talked about how much I've been feeling you move. Just as I thought, you're currently transverse (laying on your side instead of head down or feet down). It's no big deal, as Bebe was that way until 32 weeks... but it does make for some discomfort (especially when I fall into a deep sleep... if I sleep more than a few hours on the same side, the pressure from your head or feet makes me sore inside).

I am so excited about your arrival--I think I am already nesting! This past weekend I pulled things out of what will be your closet and started sorting clothes by size and taking an inventory of what we have and what we still need. It was fun looking through everything--and marveling once again at how tiny all the clothes and diapers are!

Saturday Daddy has to take the computer back in for another fixing, and then we should be DONE and I can get the pictures uploaded to show how much my belly has grown--it's amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment