Saturday, April 24, 2010

Switching things up a bit...

So... what are you going to do differently this time around?

Only a select few people know about you right now, and the majority of the select few have asked me this very question. To which I've replied, "Good question!" I think I learned a lot from your big sister about what items are absolutely essential and which ones are totally impractical. But in terms of the "big stuff" we've (OK "I've" but Daddy knows I'm the one who researches baby gear and analyzes costs and all that fun stuff, so he usually goes along with it) decided to only do a few things differently:

1) We plan to sidecar your crib to our bed, so you're within arms' reach all night long. With Bebe, we had her crib near us in the same room, but not set up as a sidecar. And more often than not, she wound up sleeping with us. By having your crib sidecarred, it will give you your own safe space and make sure there's enough room in the bed for your Daddy and I (and occasionally, Bebe).

2) I'll be investing in a better breastpump, to build a breastmilk stash. I only had a manual pump with Bebe, and because of that I never had much of a freezer stash. Sometimes I had 4-8oz in the fridge, but never more than that. This time around, I'm determined to create a stash for more flexibility.

3) We're going to give cloth diapering a try. I hate laundry. HATE it with a passion. But the more I learn about cloth diapers, and the more I think about how much damage we did to the environment when your sister spent 3 years and 9 months of her life in disposable diapers, the more I want to give them a chance. So we're going to! I had to promise your Daddy I would get some "easy" ones for him to use.

So far, those really are the 3 that have come to mind. I'm sure there will be other, smaller ones, but those are 3 I am bound and determined to do differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment