Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Secrets and lies...


What is the difference between a secret and a lie?
Right now, you are a secret from many people... and I am having to tell little white lies in order for them not to know about you quite yet!

It's hard to believe that 4 weeks ago I had no idea I was expecting you. Actually, quite the opposite, I was 100% convinced that we were "out" once again this month.

I am (im)patiently counting down the days until my first appointment. Only 20 days to go!

We are busy packing things for our move--I've been working on your sister's room the last few days. It's funny to be pulling out the toys she no longer plays with and wondering if they're toys that you will enjoy playing with some day. Especially the character-related ones. By the time you're 2, will you know about Dora, Backyardigans, and Blues Clues, or will there be new characters for me to learn about?

Being pregnant the second time around seems so much different. For starters, I find that I am much more of a worrier. Which is strange, because I don't remember being so paranoid when pregnant with Bebe. Every pinch, pull, or pain makes me wonder if you're OK in there. I hope you are. I pray every day that you are.

The last time I was pregnant was 6 years ago... I think that has to do with it feeling different as well. Not the whole fact that I'm older now, but the fact that I've forgotten all the little details of my pregnancy with Bebe. I do have a journal we made her (don't worry, Daddy and I are working on one for you, too!) that makes some mention of things like when I first started feeling sick, when I first bought some maternity clothes, how we reacted to seeing her on the ultrasound, so that helps... but in so many ways it still feels brand-new.

Oh, Dois, I can't wait to meet you!

1 comment:

  1. Silly question--why do you have to wait so long for your 1st dr's appt? I always assumed the sooner they start seeing you, the better?? You'll be almost our of the 1st tri when you go to the appt!

    ReplyDelete